Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Oreo Truffles

Looking for a simple bite-sized dessert that everyone will love? Then these are for you.
I admit it, I'm an idiot and didn't even bother taking a picture of the inside! To be fair, I normally do not see the inside because I eat them whole...

These Oreo truffles are probably one of the easiest desserts I have made, but also one that I am required to make every Christmas (with a special batch just for my mother-in-law).

Having a food processor makes the whole thing even easier! Although, crushing them using a plastic bag and a rolling pin is much more cathartic.

Make these, and you will not regret it (although your waistline might)!

I recently made a batch of these into truffle pops (basically put them on a stick) for my brother's 30th birthday party (man is he getting old)! The theme was my mom's idea... 30 sucks! So I shaped them into suckers, of course.



oreo truffles
{makes about 48 truffles)

Ingredients

  • 1 package Oreos 
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 16 ounces chocolate (I use dark, milk and white) 
  • Shortening (to thin out chocolate)

Directions

  1. Food process (or crush in a large Ziploc-type bag) Oreos until they are fine crumbs.
  2. In large bowl, combine crushed Oreos and cream cheese until well mixed (I often use my mixer to make this process faster too).
  3. Create tablespoon-size balls out of Oreo/cream cheese mixture. Place on waxed paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes (or freeze for 10 minutes).
  4. While oreo cream cheese balls are chilling, begin to melt your chocolate over a double boiler. Add shortening 1/2 tablespoon at a time until chocolate is thinned out a little and easily drips off a spoon.
  5. Dip balls into melted chocolate and then return them to waxed paper. Let chocolate set in refrigerator or at room temperature. Store truffles in airtight container in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment